Picasa Albums for Windows 8
Browse your galleries from the titular app on your PC
You will be redirected to the author website to complete the download.
- Category Viewers & Catalogues
- Program license Trial version
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Works under: Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Program available in English
- Program by Atassi Soft
Sharing and viewing images online is easy with Picasa for Windows 8, which gives you full access to your Picasa account.
While there are many different photo sharing websites, Picasa is one of the best. With a free account, you can upload photos from your computer or phone to the website. Picasa then lets you share those images via social networking sites. Saving photos online is a smart way to prevent future problems. You never know when you might lose your phone or when your computer might suffer a hard drive or mechanical failure. With Picasa for Windows 8, you'll have back ups for all your favorite photos that you can view online.
This app lets you create multiple albums based on what you want to place in each one. You can create an album of sunset photos, photos of your kids playing sports, or pictures from your last vacation. Picasa also lets you add tags to tell others where you when you took that image and the people or placed featured in each one. Double clicking on any album will bring up a full screen. You can use the left and right buttons to view the next or previous image in that album.
Picasa for Windows 8 includes an element of social networking too. All registered users can view images and leave behind comments. If you have images that you want to keep private, you can select the private option, which will keep those images from becoming public. No one can view those photos unless you change your settings. You can also zoom in and out, share photos, view the data relating to each image and view a list of your most recently added images and albums.
One flaw with this app is that it doesn't come with any editing tools. While you can rotate images or make other minor changes, if you want to crop photos or remove red eyes, you'll need to use a different type of software before uploading your images in this app. It also comes with a number of features that are more suited for touchscreen users than those who use traditional computers. If you use Picasa regularly for uploading and sharing photos, using Picasa for Windows 8 can make the process a little easier.
- Allows for easy use of the Picasa website
- Lets you create multiple albums based on the tags you select
- Works great with touchscreen tablets and computers
- Helps you better organize and manage your pictures online
- Can share uploaded photos on Facebook and other sites
- Must have a device with Windows 8 installed
- Better suited for those using touchscreen devices
- Must have a registered Picasa account to use the app
- Lacks some of the common editing tools you need
- Must manually select images that you do not want to share